THIS IS NOT A SCHOOL CAR. THIS IS A REAL RACE CAR. Perfect for club racing or track days.
Own a piece of history. This car was used in the Panoz Racing series at Road Atlanta. It was on the pole and won the final 2007 Road Atlanta Petite Lemans Panoz support series race. This care posted a 1:33 on the 2.54 mile track at Road Atlanta. It has Brembo brakes, stops on a dime, and handles like a dream. It comes with many spare parts, tires, brake pads and more.
• 1998 Panoz GT-WC Series Car GT-WC #23
• Purpose built race car for former Panoz race series run by the American Le Mans Racing Series
• White / Maroon (#27 on car).
• 18” BBS wheels with BF Goodrich slicks
• Price includes 2nd set of mounted performance street tires for rain on 17” Cobra R wheels though you will need spacers, not included
• WC model has Ford drive train: Cobra 4.6L 4V, 4 cam engine, approx.:320 HP
• Tremec heavy duty 5 speed (with the short ration 5th gear)
• Ford 9” read end ( rebuilt by previous owner last year)
• Brembo brakes with cockpit adjustment
• Penske adjustable shocks
• 2 brand new full containment Kirkey Seats
• Belts that are good through 2020
• Pi 2 programmable dash / data logging system
• Fire system
• Emergency cut-off switch
• Window net
• Comes with 1 full sets of used BF Goodrich RA1, set of Hoosier rain tires, full set of Continental Race Slicks one set mounted on car, new spare rotors, new brake pads, extra belts, and bearings, springs, filters, lots of miscellaneous parts.
Now the back story. I bought this car last fall with the intent of just having it as a track day car running various events in SoCal. I bought it from NJ and had it shipped in an enclosed trailer. I ran it at the Jim Saxton event at Willow in early November. During that weekend the clutch cable was failing so I had trouble shifting. The car ran high 1:3xs based on stopwatch timing. With the shifting problems it should run low to mid 1:3x with a decent driver. I have run a best:26 in a Viper in the past. Other than the clutch cable the car ran without any other hiccups. Ran cool, started right up and ran all day Saturday in the red and the green groups. My friend, not a track guy, drove the car quickly right out the gate in his first session.
This car is easy to drive fast. It handles very predictably and is fast around the corners. I have replaced the clutch cable, fixed a few tid bits, changed the oil and filter with Mobil 1. IT is ready for the track right now....set tire pressure and go.
The reason I’m selling is I bought a brand new Gen 5 Viper. I have run out of room and as much as I’d like to keep tracking my heart is really focused on the Viper.
If you buy the car before Christmas I will include enclosed shipping anywhere within the Continental US or trailer (open) it to your house if within 200 miles of my home (92127)
My change of heart is your gain. The original ad for the car from when I bought it is still on Racing Junk...so a search.